To run LuciadFusion, you need a license file that is provided to you by our Customer Services department.
If you installed LuciadFusion with
install.jar, the license has been installed automatically from the specified file location.
You need an extra license to fuse data with the Data Connectivity Manager.
If your license files were not installed during the regular installation procedure, or if you are working with license servers
or hardware keys, see the License how-to guides.
To automate the startup of the license server, check this article .
Testing and troubleshooting the license installation
To test your license installation, run one of the
decoder samples. If the sample does not work, refer to the License troubleshooting page.
Sample problems may also have to do with platform and Java support. Check the Hardware and software requirements.
Find out what you get in your product tier
LuciadFusion is offered in an Essential, Advanced and Pro product tier. Each tier combines capabilities and optional capabilities designed
for typical use cases. To learn more, see Product tiers.
Explore the LuciadFusion Studio in your browser
The LuciadFusion Studio allows you to centrally manage your geospatial data and publish it to web services. The LuciadFusion Studio as well as the web services are hosted on the LuciadFusion Platform. To try out the LuciadFusion Studio and Platform:
- Start the LuciadFusion Platform. Click Fusion Server on the LuciadFusion launcher (
start.jar) to run the
- Go to http://localhost:8081/studio/index.html in your browser.
- Log into the LuciadFusion Studio with username
admin and password
- Start exploring LuciadFusion Studio. Take a user tour around the application's main features, or start adding data immediately.
Tip: For a Studio user guide, go to the Help menu.
Get acquainted with the LuciadFusion Studio REST API
You can also automate the management of your geospatial data through the LuciadFusion Studio REST API. To explore your scripting options:
Run the demos and samples
The Samples page provides an overview and descriptions of all LuciadFusion samples.
To run a sample from the LuciadFusion application launcher, start typing sample keywords in the Samples box on the launcher, select the appropriate sample, and click Run.
Visit the Luciad Developer Platform for product movies and online documentation.
Find out what's new
The release guide explains the new features and improvements of this release.
Get some help from the docs
- Extend and deploy the LuciadFusion Platform:
- LuciadFusion lets you tweak the Platform and extend its services. Find out more here.
- To deploy the LuciadFusion Server, Platform and Studio, see the deployment page. It tells you how to configure the LuciadFusion application framework for a robust and secure custom deployment.
- Develop and extend LuciadFusion Services:
The LuciadFusion Platform runs OGC-compliant WMS, WFS, WMTS, and WCS services, and a CSW catalog service.
Or dive straight into the API documentation.
Optimize your data
For most geospatial data, on-the-fly serving is the quickest way of getting it published.
Some types of data still benefit from preliminary tiling and multi-leveling, though. To learn the
recommended approach for several data types, see Pre-process data or serve it on-the-fly.
If you want to pre-process data in the LuciadFusion Data Connectivity Manager (DCM) desktop application:
- Start the LuciadFusion Data Connectivity Manager by clicking Data Connectivity Manager on the LuciadFusion launcher (
- Find out how to use the DCM, by having a look at the user guide .